Dec. 30, 2009

Hey! How are things going? How was Christmas? I was the New Year? I hope that every thing is going good and that you all enjoy the New Year together. I sure do love you all I miss you and you are all in my prayers. I think of you all often. But yeah….How is the family? Friends? And everything else that is going on?Things here have been going pretty good. Christmas was really good, we went to some member’s house and we made food and then we ate and we had a good time. On Christmas Eve we had a white elephant party with a family in the ward and that was really fun. I really like my area and the members that live in it as well. They are always willing to feed us and that always makes a missionary pretty happy. But on the 23rd like mom and dad already know. My companion and my son, the elder that I trained, got robbed by a guy with a revolver. The guy put the gun on both of their heads and asked them to fork over their goods, a couple of members with also with them. So the assaulter managed to take three cell phones and a digital camera. But lucky for me I was inside the house busy talking to my mom. But my companion was a little shaken up because of the situation and was having a pretty hard time. But I sat down with him and we had a good long chat and he starting feeling a lot better. The Christmas conference was pretty cool. They talked a lot of Christ and we watched The Chronicles of Narnia and then we went on a boat ride and that was all cool. And it was pretty spiritual as well. We also had transfers yesterday, but both my companion and I are staying in the area together. There is a lot of work to be done in our area. We have been teaching a few people that are getting ready to get baptized. We are going to have a baptism on Saturday and in a couple of weeks we will be having another one. Things have been going really good. I am just trying to stay busy with my companion and try not to think to much about home and what I will doing when I get home. But I am totally excited to see you all in a few weeks/months too.I just wanted to share a quick experience with you all. Yesterday my companion and I went to a member’s house to let her know that her friend is going to be baptized this weekend and when we told her she got so excited that she began to cry. And it was the first time that I have ever seen a member cry because of a baptism. I could truly see and feel the love that she has not only for her friend but also for the gospel. It touched me to see her react the way that she did. And it was pretty cool. But not a whole lot has been going on, just normal stuff. Work and Work. The ward is going to get divided in a couple of months, so we are trying to help the members get ready for the division. We are visiting members and helping them prepare a few men to receive the Higher Priesthood. But that is about it, I also wanted everyone to know that if you have written me and not gotten a response that isn’t my fault. I responded to every single that I have received. The problem is in the mail system it really is a dump. But I love you all and wanted to wish you all a belated Merry Christmas and a Rockin New Year you are all in my thoughts and prayers. Love you ALL!!!Mom, I hope that you didn’t put on the application to USU that I graduated from Box Elder like you did on the application for BYU, because I graduated from Timpview. Don’t you remember…..you were there. But I thank you doing this for me and I already did the application and the other things that I could. You are going to have to get my Transcript from Timpview and finish the rest because I don’t know the rest, but I love you and keep on keeping on. And if you have any question send me an email. I still haven’t gotten your package. But I am patiently waiting, but I love you and I miss you. Sorry the letter is so short, but we talked last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment