Jan. 27, 2010

Hey! How is everyone doing? How was the week this week? How is the weather? How is the Famn Damily ? Well I hope that everything is going good. Every one is in my prayers always. I sure do miss you all and am looking forward to seeing you all in a few weeks. But let us get down the good…..the things that have been happening in Terra Nova, Manaus, Amazonas.So this week was another difficult week. We are having a little bit of trouble finding some really good people and getting people to church. But we are doing what we can. We have been teaching a few new people like every week but no one is very promising. We were planning on having a baptism this week, but the girl didn’t think that she was going to be ready yet so we moved you baptismal date to next month. We have also been teaching one guy and things are going really good with him. He went to church for the first time on Sunday and was only able to stay for the first hour because he is sick and has some problems with his legs. But he said that this week he will be there and stay the entire time. He has already said that the Book of Mormon is true and he really likes the teaching of the church. He says that he wants to be a part of the church but he wants to learn a little bit more first and read the Book of Mormon too. So we are just being patient with him and we continue to teach him and feel the spirit with him. His name is Juarez and is 62 years old.And yesterday we had our regular interview with President and it was really good, like always it is a great spiritual experience. President is a very spiritual and inspired man and I have grown to love him and follow all his teachings because they work. But after I said the opening prayer he started with his questions like always….As you look back at your mission and work you have done, how do you feel? Now that you mission is coming to an end, what do you think that the Lord expects you to do? And what is getting in the way of accomplishing that? How is your relationship with the Savior? How is your family? How is your health?.....etc. The questions that he asks are as well different. But we talked a bunch about my companion and how we are having some problems and after chatting for a while he asked to try to talk with him once more. So I promised that I would and when we got home I did and we worked things out finally. So I am feeling a lot better and I am feeling the spirit a little better too. But president and I talked a bunch and at the end of the interview he asked me something that he had never asked before…..I would like to give you a blessing, may I? And I let him give me a blessing, and it was the most spiritual blessing that I have ever been given. I can only compare it to my Patriarchal Blessing, it was that spiritual. And I was absolutely needing it, it was awesome. So yeah….Other than that not a whole lot has been going on. I received my first letter in I don’t know how long. And it was from Josh, my good ole faithful friend. But things are going good, but I hope that you all enjoy this letter. You better enjoy them, because after this one I am only going to send seven more. But I love you all and I miss you all too.Well I think that is all that I am going to send. Dad I hope your knee continues to get better and I know how you feel seeing your buddy go to church and repenting. Because it is a little bit of what I have done for two years, and I am really going to miss it. I hope that the Lord has some work for me to do when I get home. Mom, thank you for getting my school applications done. I just wanted to ask if you even sent my high school transcript and the bishop interview thing to BYU as well. Because you have to have those too. But yeah I love you all and I miss you. Keep Counting, we are now at 7 more Pdays. Elder Spotts PS. i dont know that stuff that you want me to do on the internet on my BYU application. that is why you have to get my high school trnascript and see what college classes i have already taken. because i dont remember. you might have to go to timpview to find that stuff out. but i cant do anything about it. and what is my username and password on the Utah Stat website?

No comments:

Post a Comment