Dec. 16, 2009

Hey! How is everything going? How is every doing? How is the holiday season? I hope that it is going good. The holiday season isn’t the same here but I am still able to feel the special spirit that Christmas brings. It is kind of interest how the spirit is a little bit different during this time of the year. I realized that Monday night while we were leaving message at a members house. For some reason felt like we needed to visit this family and leave a Christmas message with them, so my companion and I did and we felt the spirit so strong as we talked about the Savior and this time of the year. It was a pretty cool lesson, I really enjoyed it. And afterwards we enjoyed cake and juice. The members here like us…..:). We also enjoyed the Christmas Devotional that the First Presidency put on and as I watched that I got a little trunky. Seeing Temple Square all lit up and beautiful really hit me. I really wanted to be at home to be able to see the lights at Christmas time. But you can’t always get what you want. But I really enjoyed the talks that they gave and what they talked about. It is always good to here the First Presidency. I also had the opportunity to watch a movie that the church made about the life of President Monson and I really enjoyed that too. I felt the spirit really strong as I learned what makes President Monson different from the rest of the world. And it was something so simple that I was almost surprised the willingness to ALWAYS follow the spirit without hesitation. So I have now made the same goal in my life, to follow all the feelings, impressions and thoughts that come to my mind, so that I can become an instrument in the hands of the Lord. This week was a pretty good week. I really enjoyed it. On Sunday two men that my companions and I baptized received the priesthood and that is always a good feeling to see the people that you teach progress in the gospel. I was talking to Elder McNeil the other day, our district leader who is going home in a couple of weeks. And we talked about how we both are grateful for the mission and how we both feel like we are happy with what we have done on the mission. The Lord has blessed me so much. I have had the opportunity to teach some great people that truly wanted to serve and follow the Lord. And now they are progressing so much in the gospel. And I am glad that I have been able to work with the Lord in this mission.Yesterday we had our interviews with our Mission President and that was good like always. But I didn’t have the guts to ask him about extending my mission. I didn’t feel like the time was right yet, but the next time that I have the chance I will talk with him and see what he thinks. But I really enjoyed the interview, like always I felt the spirit as we talked about the work and my family. I love my president because he really worries about me and my family. He asked about Juston specifically and wanted to know how he is doing.And today my companion and I are going to go to the center of the city to buy some Christmas presents because one of the families in our ward wants to do a present exchange on Christmas so I have got to go and buy a present. But yeah things are going pretty good, nothing to complain about. It is just weird to think that my mission is ending and the feelings that I am now having. It is weird and hard to explain but things are going good and I am enjoying the work. We are going to have a wedding this week and after the wedding we are going to see if we can’t baptize the lady too. But yea…..not much to talk about this week. I just hope that everyone is doing well and that everyone is enjoying the holiday season.Mom, I hope that everything is going good. I just wanted to ask you when would be the best time to call you and on what day would be better too. So that I can talk with president about that, but I need to know today so when you get this email write me back as soon as possible. But I love you and I miss you and I hope that everything is going good. I love you and until next week.
With Love,Elder Jory B. Spotts

No comments:

Post a Comment