Jan. 6, 2010

Hey everyone! What is all up? How has everyone been doing? I hope that all is well and that everyone had a great New Year I sure do miss everyone and I love you and I cannot wait to spend the next New Year with you all. I hope that everyone is also enjoying life and that you all had a great week this week. After reading some emails I could see that some of us had a pretty interesting and difficult week while others had an awesome week. But either way at least everyone is still alive and the Lord continues to give us breath. So that we can continue to learn and grow.But my week was pretty good. I think that it could have been better. It had some ups and a few downs. But at least time is passing and I am getting closer to be able to see everyone. It seems like I am becoming very tired. But I keep on going trying to to the best that I can and I hope that it is enough for the Lord. At times I feel like I have no idea what I am doing as a missionary and I have been here for so long. I feel as though I haven’t really learned anything here but then I know that I have My testimony has been strengthened so much, my knowledge of the gospel has grown and expanded, I learned how to speak new language, and I got a little skinny. But I am glad to be here for now.The baptism on Saturday was amazing. It was the highlight of the week. At the beginning of the week my companion and I planned out the baptism so that it was very spiritual and it was exactly what we wanted. We asked all the members to give the talks and we prepared it so that the spirit was there to testify and touch the people. And it was so spiritual that the lady got baptized, Val, cried. She was the only remaining member of her family that wasn’t a member of the church because she had to get married. On the 19th of last month she did that and got baptized this weekend. And she got baptized with a very strong testimony of the church and a great desire to get sealed to her husband and children in the Temple. Her husband is an ex-branch president and helped divide many branches in small city near by. But fell to temptation and was living with her for thirteen years without being married but is now super excited to be back at church keeping the commandments. It was awesome!On the other hand this week we were rejected by quite a few people. Being New Years and everyone drinking and partying it is very hard to work. We are now trying to find some new people to teach so we have been looking a lot this week. But we have been successful in already finding a few. Yesterday we went to teach a family and after teaching the first lesson. The wife cried telling us that we were an answer to her prays. She said that she had been praying to find something in here life and with tears in her eyes told us that we are that something. So hopefully the Spirit continues to touch her heart and help her understand the importance that the restored gospel has in our lives. It was a great experience and we felt very good after leaving their house. But we need help from the Divine to continue performing miracles among this people. And we need the prayers of all of you at home, so please continue to pray for us, especially for me, in order for me to be able to continue strong to the end of my mission without getting discouraged or tired. But I love you all and I miss you. And no I still haven’t been able to talk to my president but I will. Mom, I am glad to hear that everything is going good. I hope that it continues and I will pray that Tony Romo plays good so that you can win your bet. Tell Kaya that she needs to try and be smarter with the choices that she is making. It doesn’t matter where she finishes High School it just matters that she get s good education and Utah is one the better states in the country. And I think that it would be better for to continue where she is instead of switching school one more time. She has already done enough of school switching. But whatever……I love you guys and I got the package and I enjoyed it. I just haven’t been able to play with the car yet because it doesn’t have batteries and batteries a expensive here but I will buy some soon and play around with it. And one of the elders wanted to know how much it cost because he wants to buy one. But yeah I love you and continue applying for my schools, you need to get that done as soon as possible. But I love you and I miss you and I will talk to you next week. WIth Love, Elder Spotts

No comments:

Post a Comment