Dec. 9, 2009

Hey! How have things been going? How was your week this week? How is the family? How are our friends? I hope that everything is going good. Our week was alright this week. Nothings amazing happened, it just seemed like a normal week to me. But we just keep going and we do the best we can. But I sure do miss you all and I hope that everything is going good.My birthday was awesome. I loved it, because they people here made it special. We started the day out by going to one of my old areas like I had told you and we had BBQ and Lasanga( I think that is how you spell it). And it was awesome, because I love the family that made it all for me, they are probably the coolest and best family that I have met on the mission. And the other cool part was that she invited a family that we baptized while I was there. And it felt so good to see them and talk with them, because it had been over a year since the last time that I saw them. We played uno and we just talked and ate and it was great. They made me a cake and sang to me too. Afterwards we came back to our area and we went to another member’s house and they made me a cake too. Then we went to another member’s house, Rosana, and this was the best part of the day. We should up and they had planned up a ton games that they were going to play. But I couldn’t play. They said that they were going to play and whoever won got to write all over my face with lipstick. And I said no way and said that I was going to play and if I won no one was going to do anything to me. So I played and I won every single game. At first they thought that they would get me, the American, with a Portuguese language game, where we had to repeat a long tongue twister piece by piece. But did I prove them wrong. I was the only one that got it right. So I marked and wrote on everyone’s face with lipstick. Then they wanted to play musical chairs. But the mother, Rosana, was running the music. And I won two times in a row and Rosana thought that was ridiculous so she wanted to play and we did. And the last two standing were her and I, and at the end of the music she was closing to sitting down so I pulled she chair out from under her and she grabbed the chair too, but I sat down first so I won again. And everyone got mad so they grab and wrote on my face anyways. I have tons of pictures of face all red because of the lipstick. My birthday was awesome. This week my companion ran into a couple of difficulties as well. It started on Saturday with a problem with the wedding that we are going to have on the 19th. So we had to take the bus to the Mission Office grabbed a paper and take it back to our area to be signed by the couple and the witnesses. Then on Sunday we ran out of water and we went three days without water. So we ended up having to take showers at Rosanna’s house and at the chapel. Then on Monday the landlord was asking for the rent and said that he couldn’t wait until today so we spent the entire day at the bank trying to take out money so pay him. It was very heck tick. But it is the life of a missionary. We have also been having trouble finding new people to teach. So we are now working in a part of our area that is a way long ways away to be able to try and find people to teach. And it has been the hardest part of the mission; it seems like I really don’t know how to find people to teach. But when I do they almost always progress really well. So we have been teaching a few people that have really been progressing well. We had 8 people at church on Sunday so that is always good and we are doing what president asks. So we are going what we can to help the ward grow and do what the Lord wants us to do. And that is all that we can do. So I am not complaining about anything. I am doing what I can.And this morning a member in the ward here took us site seeing. It was pretty cool. He took us to a waterfall, the area where they filmed Anaconda, the Hotel Tropical, where they are constructing the temple, and it was pretty cool. I got a little dirty but it was pretty cool, we walked on the beach and ate mango, and it was pretty rad. And now I am at the internet writing to you guys. So things are going good. I am looking forward to Christmas because president decided to rent a boat and take us out on the river to see the part of the river where the two rivers come together to make the amazon and the waters don’t mix. I don’t know what they call it in English. But yeah…..i love you guys and I hope that everything is going good. Mom, if you need me to call on a different day I can. Just let me know what day and I can talk to President and he doesn’t have any problem with it. But I don’t how I am going to call you, because I don’t know where the calling card is that you sent me. I don’t even remember receiving one and if I did I have no idea what I did with it. But I will try and find it. But I also thought that I would tell you something that you need to know. I think that I am going to ask president to extend my mission…………..but let me tell you why, because for some odd reason this has come to my mind recently. To be absolutely honest I wouldn’t complain if president sent me home honorable early for some odd reason. Because I miss you all sooooo much and I am getting excited to go home. But for some odd reason I am thinking that I might ask him just be a hundred percent sure that I am doing all that the Lord wants me to. So I am thinking about talking to him and one of the other elders in my group to stay with me. But we will see what happens. I just hope that you understand and don’t get upset. I also got the package and wanted to thank you. You just forgot to send two things that I asked for; A Real Salt Lake Soccer Jersey and an Ensign in English from November. You sent me a jazz jersey instead of the real salt lake. And with the analogy of the pregnant women…..i think that you just convinced me that I don’t want to have any kids, because nine months is a long time. And if my wife suffers that means that I am going to suffer too. So count me out. And I cant see your motorcycle that you are going to buy, you have to send it as an attachment. Because the computers here don’t let you see the pics. But yeah…..i love you and I miss you a ton and I hope that you have a great week, until next week. And give kaya and bruiser a hug for me.
With Love,Elder Jory B. Spotts

No comments:

Post a Comment