March 10, 2010

Hey everyone! I hope that everything is going good. It sounds like everyone is doing really good and that everyone is getting really excited to see me. I too am getting pretty excited to see everyone. But I am also really scared and I do not want to leave Brazil. I love it here, even if it is unorganized and hotter than heck and everything like that. It is getting harder and harder as it gets closer and closer. But I am getting excited to be able to do a few things that I could do when I wasn’t a missionary. I am pretty sure you all know what these things are. But yeah….

As for the week, things have been going pretty normal. The other night we participated in Family Night with one of the members and we invited a few inactive and recently baptized members to participate as well. And that turned out to be pretty awesome, two families went. One that is starting to return to church and went to church for the first time in ages on Sunday and another family that the mom was recently baptized but the father has been a member forever. Well the family night was awesome, they talked about family and the importance that the family has in our lives and it was really cool. Recently I have really been thinking that I don’t want to get married anytime soon because it just doesn’t seem to be my thing, but after that lesson I kind of moved my thoughts. But I really don’t want to get married to fast or time really soon.

We also received a referral from a member this past week and it turned out to be a guy that is ready and willing. He went to church on Sunday and loved it and then said that this is the true church and that it is the only true church. And he will be getting baptized pretty soon, he might be my last baptism on the mission or maybe I will go home first. Either way it sounds good to me, it really doesn’t matter to me. I just hope that he gets baptized.

Today we also went to the center of the city to finish up my shopping and I ended up buying this way rad thing that doesn’t even fit in my luggage so I have no idea what I am going t do with it. But I am going to have to figure out some way to get it home, because I am not going to leave it here because it is way too cool to just buy it and leave it. But yeah, things are pretty normal.

Juarez is going really good, we visited him last night and he is almost done with the Book of Mormon. And he is already getting really excited to see General Conference. And the rest of the families that we have baptized here are also doing really good still. I am super happy with the miracles that I have seen performed by the Lord here. Yesterday I got to talk really quickly with Franciane. I don’t know if you remember who she is, but my companion and I baptized her and her husband a year ago. And they are doing really good and are still strong in the church and are going to be able to go to the temple in a month. And I am going to visit them next week, I am getting excited to see them again. But it sucks because it is going to be last time that I will see them for a long time. As soon as I get home I am going to start saving cash so that I try and visit everyone here next year when the temple is supposed to get finished. But yeah, that is about all that has been going on around here. But I hope that everything is going good and that everyone is still missing me. Only two more weeks!!!!!!!!!!!! This is my second to last email. So enjoy them while they still last. Because the annoying red head is coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment