Feb. 17, 2010

Hey!!!! How is everything going? How is the family? Friends? The weather? The country? Preparations for my arrival? Have you talked with my bishop lately and is my stake president also knowing? Well I hope so and I hope that everything is going good for you all. Things here have been going pretty good. The work with my new companion has been going pretty good. We are staying pretty busy and trying to find some more people that we can baptize before I go home. We found some pretty cool families and people last week and we are hoping to have some success with them this week and hoping that we can find some more people this week.On Saturday the baptism went really well. Juarez is an awesome guy and has a very strong testimony of the church. And while we were in the water and I baptized him I managed to even hit his head on the stairs. And afterwards I told him sorry and he said that he didn’t even feel it. But it was really good. He was way prepared to baptized and yesterday we were at his house teaching him and he was teling a bunch of stories about how a lot people have already started telling him that he made he made the wrong decision and the he shouldn’t have gotten baptized and all that. But he told us that nothing that they say can change his decision or will they make him regret it. He said the he KNOWS that the that he has learned are true and that he is story to continue and never look back. He says that he has never felt happier in all his life than he does right now and that he loves the Book of Mormon and all the teachings of the church. It is just awesome being able to chat with him and hear all the things that he has to say. He should also receive the priesthood next week. And then on the 28th two men that we baptized are going to receive the higher priesthood, the one that s tarts with an m. I cannot remember how to spell it so I wont even try.We also had a pretty cool experience on Saturday. We passed by a members house to leave a message with them. And well the son, Kaleo, has asthma and started to have an attack. But to his medicine that he uses he needs energy in the house to use the machine and the mask. But they hadn’t had any energy for a couple of days. So he asked us to give him a priesthood blessing and so we did. And just a few minutes after we gave him the blessing he was breathing perfectly and the attack passed. He was feeling 100 % good. I have had so many experiences one the mission like this one, and I know that the priesthood is real and that it truly is the power of God.But yeah…..that is about all that has happened lately. Things are going pretty good, except for the fact that I still haven’t received my itinerary. The secretary said that he already bought my ticket and that he would send it to me as soon as possible but I am still waiting and I am little upset with him because he hasn’t sent it yet. But it looks like I will have to talk to him again and see what I can do about this. But I hope that everyone is doing good. I received a package from grandma and grandpa last week. And today my companion and I went to the center of the city to buy some presents for everyone at home. And I ended up spending 150 bucks or so. And we will go back in a couple of weeks to finish the shopping. But I love you all and I miss you and I cannot wait to see everyone. It is hard to believe that it has almost been two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment