Letter June 4, 2008

Hey! how are things going? everything is fantastis with me, i am now in the field. but i havent done any teaching just yet. my companion says that we are going to take it slow today, because it is my first day. but then tomorrow we will jump right in. but my companion seems pretty cool, he is a brazilian. so no more english with me even though there is another american in our apartment, i have to try and not talk english with him. because my companion said that i will learn it fastest if i dont. and well he is my Pai so i will listen. but he seems like a really cool elder, he is awesome in fact from what i have been able to see and understand. His name is Elder Pereira. but everything is going really well. Manaus is beautiful, but really HOT. and i never received that package you sent me, atleast the mission home cannot find it. so i will just have to say good bye to it forever. but no big deal its not like life wont go on, but i do really need some gold foot stuff, otherwise my feet are going to suffer and send me some ointment for my feet just in case too and some more socks since the last package never got there, and my companion just said to send you a hug to all the family, it is great elder. and tell steven that i miss him and if he really loves me then he will send me atleast one letter while i am gone. and tell kaya that i love her. oh and the temple dedication was awesome, it was good to be able to hear some words from the Prophet and witness such a great thing. hey and guess what else my companion told me today....that the area we are serving in is the hardest area that he has ever served in, so tons of prayers. but i am really excited to get to work tomorrow. our apartment is nothing to be excited about, in fact it is tiny and isnt the nicest place, but it will become home. oh and i wanted to tell you the i had a good experience yesterday, i was able to feel the spirit with me really strongly. it all started with me finding out that i wasnt going to enter the field the same day as the rest of district and then yesterday morning i had to say goodbye to my dear friend Elder Mills, and it was hard for me because he had been so close and became such good friends. ill miss him. and then the MTC never assigned me a new companion so i was all alone and i felt so alone and it was hard so i prayed and i felt the spirit come over me and i had a good day. i felt as if i was being watched by a Gaurdian angel or as if my savior was with me all day. it was a good feeling and i had a good day, and feel like i can do anything now. because it just retestified to me how much my my father in loves me and how much my welfare matters to him, no matter how small the thing my be. i know that he is with me and that i can do anything with him. and i am ready to get to teaching tomorrow. i am really excited too. all is well and i love you. give hugs for me. Élder Jory B. Spotts

No comments:

Post a Comment