Letter July 9, 2008

Hey! Things are going as good as they can i think at this point. it has been really hard this first transfer i never imagined what it could be like, but it has been nothing but hard. the language is still a pain in the rear and i can never explain myself to anyone or say what i want to when i want to, i have never been this quiet in my entire life. i swear that everyone thinks that i dont have a personality. but things are coming along, i am just trying to be patient. which isnt exactly something that i have gifted with. but i am trying to do the best that i can. it sounds like you guys have been doing really good and having a blast without me, i am not going to lie. i am a bit jealous, but i love this gospel and i love this opportunity to be a missionary. and we had transfers this last week and to find out they closed our old area, because 12 elders are leaving home this transfer and only 1 is arriving. so both my companion and i were transfered to different areas. so i am now in a new area with a new companion, which is weird and is a real bummer. because i had just started getting to know some of the people and i just started to get to know my companion too. but what can i do i am in the Lords hands and he does with me what he will. i have been writing casey, but i havent received a letter from him in a long time. not since i was in the provo mtc. but i hope that everything is going well for him. i really like our new mission president, at the zone conference i was able to sit with him and his wife and just talk. his wife doesnt know any portuguese and is about the same boat as i am. but they are from New Jersey and they are a great couple, i think that i am really going to enjoy the time that i have left here with them. i hit the 21 months left mark last week and the 15 transfer left too. which i guess since i konw that you could call me trunky. but i dont know, i dont want to come home though i just want to learn this stupid language and start having a real impact. i am so sick of sitting there and listening to my companion talk to people. i can understand quiet a lot when people speak slower, but when they speak fast. ha i am totally lost. and yesterday i fell asleep during a lesson, because i couldnt understand anything and my companion was just taking with the investigator. but then it got a little better, because last night we taught the first lesson to a sister of a member here in my new area, which by the way i have no idea what the name is, and i was able to teach more than i have ever taught before. which is good, i see the progress in the language almost everyday. but i dont know it seems like i have always been able to conquer almost ever obstacle in life a lot easier than this one. but i am doing good i dont want to come home or anything so dont worry. when you come pick me up i will be fluent. but right now the children in the nursery can speak portuguese better than i can. but i have plenty of time. but my new companion is pretty cool, he is a brazilian as well and his name is Elder Vieira. He only has two transfers left, so maybe i will get the chance to kill my first companion, but not in the literal sense. but things are going good, in my last area we had two more baptisms and a wedding and they went great. i have tons of pictures on a cd that i will try and send sometime and you need to get a hold of josh so that he can see alittle bit of what brazil is like and looks like. but i have pictures of my first contact ever, because my professor in the CTM took pictures of us and put them on cds. so you will be able to see me at work and a picture of the first person that rejected me, well not me, but the gospel. but things are going good and well i dont know what i want you to write to me. just things like how people are going ang how things are going at what you have been doing like you did in this letter. it was a good letter, i did get a little homesick because of the rollercoaster talk but other than that it was good. oh and the camping, i want to go camping and when i get home you get to buy me a bike too. because you bought kaya one and i dont wanna hear that you wont buy me one, because you will. jk i dont care i understand that she needs it and i am really proud of her, she finally got her first like real job that is awesome. but i really dont have anything else to write about, i will try to send these pictures to you today but i might not be able to get them off until next week. but i will do my best, send my love to everyone and tell kaya that i love her. but i love ya and i miss ya. Élder Jory B. Spotts

No comments:

Post a Comment