Aug. 26, 2009

Hey everybody. How is everything going? I hope that everything is going good. Things have been going pretty good around here and a lot of things have been changing as well. But is sure is summer and the hottest month of the year is coming up next Month......September, it gives me chills. But things have been going really good. I am feeling a little sad right now because i am missing my last area a lot. I got transfered on Tuesday so i am now back in the big city and i really miss my last area. Maues was the best area that i served in. I am not going to lie, i cried a ton when i left. At church they let me bear my testimony to everyone in the front and i cried. I had to say good bye to a lot of people that i have grown to love. That are almost like family, i would have to say that i miss Carlas family the most. They are awesome! And they cried so much when i left too, when me and this other elder, elder teixeira left, everyone in the branch went to the airport to say goodbye. And the branch is so cool that they even gave my presents to give to Mom and Kaya. It was hard to have to leave them, but it seems like i am needed in some other place. My new area is pretty cool, it is called the City of God(Cidade de Deus). There is only one problem.......TONS of hills. I have met quiet a few of the members and they seem really cool and i think that i am going to like this area. I also live with the Zone Leaders and one of the Zone leaders who just barely got called to be Zone leader is my old companion from the MTC Elder Mills. So i am now sleeping in the same room as him once again and it has been really cool. But when we arived yesterday i was priviledge to see the dirtiest house in the mission. We spent almost the entire day today scrubbing the entire house. I was on my hands and knees scrubbing the floor because it was so dirty. We also renewed our visas today and that took up half of the day. But we had a pretty good day. We had the devotional last week also on Saturday and it turned out awesome. The spirit was there so strong the entire time. The members thanked us and said that it was really good. And it seemed to help them out, because for the first time in a really long time. I think since i got there the Elders President went visiting and it was really good. We as had Princesas Baptism and it went really good. I was able to baptize and it went really well. I really will miss that area a lot. But what can i do, some day i will be able to go there again. I hope that that day will be here in 7 months when i finish my mission.......hint.......hint.But i really dont have anymore time to be able to write you guys. My new companions name is Elder Cook from Fort Collins, Colorado. He is pretty cool and i think that things are going to go prety good this transfer. We already have a family that is going to get married and baptized on the 24th of September. But yeah i hope that all is well and that things can start getting better for everyone. I love you all and i will talk to you all next week. Sorry that my letter wasnt very long, but i didnt have a lot of time today to be able to tell you all about everything that has gone on. I love you all and MOM......stop crying about me being gone. I will home in 7 months. It is coming up really fast. Until next week! With all the love in the world from the white gangsta and the man of the streets.......
ELDER JORY B SPOTTS

No comments:

Post a Comment