Oct.7,2009

Hey family and friends! How is everything going? I hope that everything is going good? By the letters and emails that i receive it seems like everyone is having a pretty good time with out me and that no one is really missing me too much. But it is good to hear that everything is going good for you all. Things have also been going pretty good here too. I am now in my 7th area and i received my 11th companion yesterday. I sure have been moving around a lot. Yep, i got transfered yesterday. But i think that it was for the best. President ended up closing my last area which this is the 3rd time that he has done this to me. So both my companion and i were transfered. But it definetly was for the best of things.I was struggling a ton in my last area. I passed through 6 weeks of work work and work without any results. But on Saturday and Sunday we were able to take 10 investigators to General Conference and they all loved it. I know that they felt the spirit and i know that they were spiritual strengthened. Because i sure was too. Elder Jeffery R. Holland sure did give na very spiritual talk and made it very clear that the Book Mormon IS ture and that the this IS the church of Savior Jesus Christ, and that Jospeh Smith WAS and IS a prophet of God. I really enjoyed his talk and i will never forget the spirit that i felt while he talked. I have already forgotten the words but will never forget the feelings. I really learned a lot for General Conference and felt that i have some changing to do. But things are going pretty good. I got my last General Conference under my wings. So the next time that i watch General Conference i will be watching it at home on the couch with my family. OH YEAH!!!!!!But i am really enjoying my new area. I was feeling pretty horrible in my last area because i was working so hard and nothing was happening. It was the longest 6 weeks of the mission and i didnt baptize a single person. But i was able to help a ton of people and Elder Mills, my MTC companion, will now teach all the people that i was teaching and should be able to baptize a few. Because we had a baptism coming up on the tenth and we had a few people tell us that they wanted to get baptized. So i am sure that elder mills will enjoy baptizing the people that i taught. But that is all good, i am now in a new area with a new companion and i am hoping that i can make a difference in this area. My area is called Terra Nova(New Land). And the members are really cool. I met quite a few of the members and the bishop yesterday and i liked them a lot. They seem to be great people. And my companion is also pretty cool. He is from São Paulo and his name is Elder Sales. He is a little bit new on the mission, 4 months. But he is pretty cool, i will have the priviledge of being his first american companion. He also speaks english and he speaks pretty dang good too. I was pretty shocked to hear him speak it so well. He doesnt have a thick accent like the other brazilians do.But things are going pretty good but i am having trouble in remembering what happened last week. But i am not really having any luck. We did have a Zone Party at our house and it turned out to be a mess. But the food was really good. We ate lasagna and i really enjoyed that. But things have been going good and i am hoping that i can make a differen in my new area. But that is about it....i cant really think of anything else to say.Mom, i did want to thank you for the stuff that you sent me and i think that i am going to be telling you next week to what schools i want to apply so that you can get on that. Because i think that i have just about figured it out. but yeah....i hope that everything is going good for you. I sure do miss you and i think about you everyday. The trunkiness continues. But it seems like while i am working i forget about home and am only able to concentrate on the work which is good. I also wanted to ask if you could send a few things to me. A baseball for one of my companions, a real salt lake soccer jersey for one of my comps, jazz basketball shorts for one of my comps, a sweet tie, and the Ensign(Liahona) from November in english when it comes out. And i know that that might be a lot of stuff, so buy the cheaper stuff first if you dont have the cash. Because the jersey is going to cost from good cash and the shorts too. But the baseball shouldnt cost too much. But yeah.... i should be sending more information about applying here pretty soon to the schools. I think that i am going to apply to Wyoming, BYU, USU, SUU, and UVU. But i will gett he rest of the info to you next week. I love you and i miss you.....until next week. Prolongue os Bons Momentos.
Elder Jory B. Spotts

No comments:

Post a Comment